james j. johnson
Last update: July 18, 2020
- His first full-length play, WANNABE, will have a public virtual reading produced by 4615 Theatre Company, directed by Reginald Richard. July 23 @8pm.
- Just completed the first draft of "A Thousand Cuts," a short film, commissioned by Broadway actor Roderick Lawrence. Now on IMDbPro.
- Accepted as a playwright into Klecksography 2020, produced by Rorschach Theatre. Coming August 9.
- Provided voice performances for the following podcasts: "Grounds" (featuring Doug Spearman, "Noah's Arc"), Seizing Freedom and Sacred & Profane.
- Participating in an upcoming workshop of a new Jennifer Barclay play, July 2020.
- Narrating audiobooks for Potomac Talking Books as of March 2020.
- Records character voices for Graphic Audio.
- HENCHMAN'S WAR, NOCTURNAL AGONY and TOO SAVED are all available on Amazon Streaming Video.
- Please check out his profile on New Play eXchange (NPX) as J. J. Johnson.
*Top photo is from Alan Ayckbourn's HERO'S WELCOME, a regional premiere production directed by Alex Levy in 2018 at 1st Stage in McLean, VA. (Photo credit: Teresa Castracane)